VMware Communities
adrianrt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Clone is not identical

so, I setup a Win10 VM with Foxit Reader inside and Foxit Reader has a customized configuration.

When cloning this (either linked or full) I noticed that Foxit Reader configuration was not cloned......can someone explain  why this is happening and how to make the clones identical?

This is totally surprising behaviour to me.

In an old post from about 5 years ago, it says something about Guest customisation, but this options doesn't seem to exit anymore....

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarltonR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I assume that the Foxit Reader app still works in the Win 10 clone, all but without your customized configurations.

Assuming this is the case, then would suggest that the issue may well reside with the Foxit Reader application, in that it is seeing the cloned instance as a new install, and as such is 'resetting/cleaning up' and removing any customized configuration.

As I'm sure your aware there are certain Foxit Reader licencing restrictions, i.e. 'up to 3 personal devices' per key, and therefore what you are seeing may be tied up with the way in which this is managed.

0 Kudos
adrianrt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

interesting, that could happen I guess......but this is a Free Foxit version.

0 Kudos
CarltonR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Don't make the mistake, that just because its 'free' doesn't mean that it has no licencing or DRM included.  In most cases the software base is the same across the product range, and by adding a key unlocks, enables or adds additional features. The free version just has some of the base functions enabled.

0 Kudos