VMware Communities
dlkmp
Contributor
Contributor

Clipboard sharing not working with KDE but does with Gnome

So I have setup a fresh install of a Fedora 34 KDE guest on a Windows 10 host using Workstation Pro 16.2.

In the VM settings under "Guest isolation", both drag and drop and copy and paste are enabled.

In the guest, the guest tools are installed and running as confirmed from the output of

systemctl status vmtoolsd

However, clipboard sharing is not working in either direction. After trying various fixing attempts I found googling around, including fresh installs and multiple restarts of both the guest and host, I ran out of ideas and installed the standard Fedora 34 distribution, using gnome as desktop environment.

Surprisingly, clipboard sharing works out of the box. Are there any KDE specific fixes one can attempt to make this working?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
amlamarra
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe it, but this seems to still be an issue.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

You've replied to a 2 ½ year old post with no details.

Can you provide the Workstation version,  host operating system and version, and  Linux distro?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
amlamarra
Contributor
Contributor

I've abandoned my attempts to use KDE in a VMware Workstation VM, but here's the info:

• Host OS/version: Windows 10 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3930)
  • Workstation Version: 16.2.5 build-20904516
  • Linux distro: Rocky 9.3 KDE

It's mostly likely a KDE issue anyways. I did find this bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=459389, though my issue was not resolved when I tried using X11 instead of Wayland.

0 Kudos