VMware Communities
Ihor_Bobak
Contributor
Contributor

Clipboard not always working from Ubuntu host to Windows guest - depends on the application

(sorry if duplicate, but it looks like my  previous post just disappeared for no reason)

I have Ubuntu 20.04 host and two Windows guests (with Windows 10 and Windows 7).  I reinstalled VMWare tools multiple times until realized that this is not about VMWare tools. This is about  IN WHAT APPLICATION on the host I press Ctrl+C:

• if I press Ctrl+C  in PyCharm  and then Ctrl+V in  any of my guests - it won't work
  • I I press Ctrl+C  in a browser  and then Ctrl+V in  any of my guests - it will work

I have VMWare Workstation Pro 16.1.2 build-17966106 on my host, and it looks like its a bug.  Note: between the applications on my host I can copy paste anything - it works fine, so this is not an issue with my Ubuntu.  Its an issue with VMWare workstation pro - either a bug, or maybe some setting should be tweaked.

I'd be grateful if anyone could give me a hint of what to tweak. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ihor_Bobak
Contributor
Contributor

Dear All,

is there someone from VMWare on this forum?  

Does anyone know what is the correct place to report a bug? E.g. maybe there is some mailing list or special forum for this?

Cause this really seems to be like a bug.

Regards,

Ihor

0 Kudos