VMware Communities
ntt2007
Contributor
Contributor

Change host internet connection

Hi all,

I have a problem with VMWare workstation 6.5.2. My host is Windows Vista and I have two guests: WinXP Pro and Linux (Ubuntu 9.04).

My main internet connection is Wifi and when I use this, everything is fine.

However, in my office, wifi is not available and I have to use wired connection. When I switch to wired connection, WinXP Pro guest is fine but the Ubuntu guest cannot connect to the internet (time out). I used NAT in both guests. Rebooting both host and guest doesn't solve this problem. Running vmware-config-tools.pl inside Ubuntu also doesn't help. The only way for the Ubuntu guest to have internet is to go to a place with wifi connection.

Could somebody help with Ubuntu guest network connection when wired internet is used on the host ?

Thanks,

Toan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal

If troubleshooting a network issue, please include the following additional information.
  • Post the output from "ipconfig /all" (Windows) or " ifconfig -a" (Linux) from both the host and the guest OS

• Post the .vmx file from the virtual machine.

• Details of how your host is connected to the network / Internet (Cable Modem, DSL, Router, Switch, Wired, Wireless,...).

• Details on how networking is configured for the guest (NAT, bridged, host-only).

Some questions you have already answered but we need additional info

0 Kudos
ntt2007
Contributor
Contributor

I updated my VMWare to 6.5.3 and it looks like everything is fine now.

Thanks

Toan

0 Kudos