VMware Communities
MarkDHarris
Contributor
Contributor

Capture Movie & Guest VM BSOD

I have 2 questions. (I should probably mention that I'm using VMware Workstation 6.51- build 126130 which I think is the latest).

1) I have a windows XP guest that does a BSOD after a certain set of actions. I want to capture a movie of this but the resulting .avi file seems to be corrupt at the point where the guest BSOD's. The physical host and VMware Workstation are just fine and the guest reboots as expected. The problem is only with the movie capture. When the .avi file is played back, it gets almost to the point where the guest BSOD happened but right before it gets there windows media player (on the host) crashes as if the movie file was corrupt. Is it possible to create a movie of a guest VM BSOD'ing like this?

2) Also, I wanted to take a movie file and import it into Windows Vista's Movie Maker but it reports an invalid format. I found and installed the VMware codec's and installed them (this is the same machine where workstation is already installed) but it still can't import. All the posts I've found talk about it working after the codec is installed. Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

0 Kudos
0 Replies