VMware Communities
stewie245
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot start vmx file wth VMWare Player 7 on Windows 7 64bit

https://communities.vmware.com/message/2018580

I have a Mac OSX Maverick.vmx file on a Windows 7 64bit Intel Core i5 with 4 GB RAM. When I double click it or use the VMWare Player 7 to try and open it, all I get is the Apple logo and a cursor spinning as though it's doing something but even afte r3 hours the vm never starts.  I  looked at the log ile fand found the link with similar problem. The like is listed at the begining of this discussion.  However, I did not find the two registry key valves that it suggests to delete.  I ahve attached my log file with the hope that it will help  you to help me resolve the issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

VMware does not support the running of OS X under VMware Player/Workstation!  Also, running legally virtualizable versions of OS X in a Virtual Machine may only be done when done on Apple-branded hardware and when done while running under OS X and for that you need VMware Fusion not VMware Player/Workstation, otherwise you're violating the Apple SLA for that product.  Therefore no help can be provided to you for OS X in this use case scenario as it would violate VMware Community Terms of Use to do so.

0 Kudos