VMware Communities
bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot purchase Workstation 17 or Fusion 13 from the store

Anybody have an idea what this is?

Unable to place order: checkout not synced

After putting in the payment info when trying to purchase Workstation 17 and Fusion 13, and agreed, I get this strange error.  It doesn't matter what operating system, browser or credit card number is applied, it never works.  I've tried over 20 different combinations, including turning off all browser security and allowing pop-ups.

23 Replies
bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've even tried Paypal...  Still, same error.

0 Kudos
ledonet
Contributor
Contributor

I've same problem. Use of Paypal or Credit card no way to conclude checkout. Total amount is calculated wrong.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As your post needs moving, I have reported it to the moderators - the {code} area is for SDK matters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Arkling
Contributor
Contributor

same issue, 
Receiving error: "Unable to place order: checkout not synced"

I tried multiple payment types. same error every time.

0 Kudos
bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where does this go, and I'll move it.  🙂

0 Kudos
bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I connected with an on-line support person in the store and they told me there is a problem, and gave me a telephone number to call.  When I called the number and navigated the menu it provided to me, a recording told me that VMWare is closed.  This was at 10:00am PST.  I guess everyone is away for the Thanksgiving holiday?

0 Kudos
gonace
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same problem but the PayPal transaction was succesfull so I've paid for something I have not been able to access for 4 freaking days.

This is what makes me furious, it should not be easier to fall back to piracy than make a purchase. Guess I'll download the software from now on from private trackers.

0 Kudos
gonace
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI @scott28tt my PayPal transaction was succesfull so I've paid for something I have not been able to access for 4 freaking days.

I've called your support 3 freaking times, they jus ask for the support case number (22382174311) and then NOTHING.

This is what makes me furious, it should not be easier to fall back to piracy than make a purchase. Guess I'll download the software from now on from private trackers.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not sure why you tagged me, if you read the signature under my posts I do not contribute to these user forums in any official capacity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
gonace
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@scott28tt Since the VMWare support is not responding tagging any employee is better than tagging no one.

At some point we might tag the right person to get this issue solved since there seem to be no other way to contact the company you work for.

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Tagging "any employee" is only worthwhile if that employee has an idea as to how they might be able to help, I only responded on this thread as it was posted in the wrong area of the Communities.

As I have seen a number of threads on this topic, I did go out of my way to send an email internally, no idea if it will help but it is literally as much as I can do with this matter, which I hope gets resolved for everyone's sake.

bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks!

0 Kudos
bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When I tried Paypal, it didn't go through.  Paypal asked me (via email) if I wished to complete the transaction, and I just ignored that.

0 Kudos
bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here's what they told me to do today via email.

Thank you for contacting VMware Customer Support. My name is Sofía from the Online Store Support team and I have been assigned to work on your Support Request #22382255311. Nice to meet you.

We are diligently working to solve the errors present on our system after the change on our store's source code. Our apologies for the inconveniences this has caused with the ordering process.

Please follow these next troubleshooting steps:

Important. Once at checkout make sure the 'terms and conditions' box is being checked out and confirm the billing address matches the one on your bank account.

If the issue persists, please help me with the license keys to upgrade, date/time stamps of your last order attempt, and if possible, a screen recording (video) of the ordering process.

Looking forward to your response.

0 Kudos
bkomanet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This does not work.  Still working with VMWare on this problem trying to test out different scenarios.

0 Kudos
qf3l3k
Contributor
Contributor

I got eventually scammed... they took money from credit card using PayPal and didn't provide any license.

After contacting support got refusal of refund until I will conduct some procedures with PayPal and send some paperwork to Vmware... it is organized scam.. at least that is how it looks at this stage.

here is what support responded when requested them either to provide license and refund for one transaction (yes, they took $$ twice)
"....Our payments team advised they did found 2 orders in our system. They advised to process refund from our side you will need to contact PayPal and life the dispute. Once dispute is closed you will have to provide us a signed document from PayPal confirming that disputes are closed. When we have that we can process a refunds for your 2 orders...."

I do not quite get why I have to contact anyone when Vmware along with Digital River has stolen money from the card and now actually refuse to refund it.

0 Kudos
qf3l3k
Contributor
Contributor

Update on this... Digital River also refuses to refund

"...We don't have the option to process your refund, since we just only process payment for VMWare. Regarding you request, you need to contact VMWare customer service directly for them to process your refund...."

although they are listed as seller on PayPal transaction.

0 Kudos
cdc1
Expert
Expert

Yikes. Probably not the best idea to introduce "changes to our store's source code" right after (or shortly before) the launch of a major new version of Workstation and Fusion, and certainly not as close to Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Such changes should have been introduced much later in the product lifecycle ... when purchasing demand wouldn't be as high.

If there are no current change freeze policies in place, there should be. If there are, then the change freeze window should be increased.

0 Kudos
qf3l3k
Contributor
Contributor

well.. changes to store don't matter... if support is reasonable and knows how to react... however.. support is on catastrophic level and since November 19th I'm trying to clarify when I can get refund (don't even want upgrade license anymore) and it is beyond ability of Vmware support to handle issues in proper manner, unfortunately. it is absolutely embarrassing and total disaster for now. 6 days after money were taken I'm nowhere near to know what to do to get refund. just confusion and mess.

0 Kudos