VMware Communities
James46464
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot Get CentOS 8 to go Full Screen in VMware Workstation

I cannot seem to get CentOS 8 to run full screen in VMware Workstation. Additionally, there doesn't seem to be an appropriate resolution under display settings. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing open-VM-tools (10.3.0.5330 (build-8931395)) as well as installing VMware-tools (10.1.6 (build-5214329)) from VMWare Workstation.

Under VMware Workstation > View options, Autosize is set to Autofit Gues. The "Fit Guest Now" and "Fit Window Now" are grayed out. I've also tried setting the VM display settings from "Use host setting for machines" to "Specify monitor settings" to no avail.

Using VMware Workstation 12 Pro 12.5.9 build-7535481 CentOS Linux release 8.0.1905 (Core)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the Workstation Pro area, I have no idea why this was posted into the vSphere area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the Workstation Pro area, I have no idea why this was posted into the vSphere area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos