VMware Communities
jimbananas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you hide virtual machine from a program?

I have been trying to play Sword of the New World on an xp virtualized platform. I think I finally had it working because Direct X 9 is running well and it didn't crash on start up. However this is an online game and the online security and anti-hacking measures picked up that it was being run in a virtual machine and it said something to the effect of, "Sorry, you cannot run this program in a virtual machine." I think that a program shouldn't be biased against virual machines, afterall, what did they ever do to it? The program is called x-trap BTW. I don't want to try to work around x-trap by disabling it or whatever because that could jeapordize my account. I would however like to know if I can hide the fact that the game is running in a virtual machine from the game.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Trisshado
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I know its possible because I have seen various people that are using it. However they all 'sell' the 'fix' but for ridiculous amounts & very very sketchy ways. So that isnt really an option, unless ofcourse I like to throw away money and get scammed 😉

0 Kudos