Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't remove or reinstall VMware Workstation 6.5

Hi!

I bought a AcerM7220 i7 with OS Vista Home Premium 64bit last week

I install VMware Workstation 6.5

and I install Windows server 2003 as a Virtual machines

it was working perfectly

the next when I reopen the system there a error and system automatically fix by restoring system

but the VMware Workstation 6.5 files was on the system an shortcut in the desktop

cant open an error come saying "Failed to enable FIPS-mode, check your installation"

And when try to uninstall and reinstall it again an error says

"setup has detected that VMware Workstation is already install on this machine. Please uninstall this product through the control panel and try again"

but control panel Programs and Features I can't see uninstall of VMware Workstation 6.5.

Can some Please Help me out !!!!!!!! Any one

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I had the same problem, I used CCleaner and that error message no longer appeared and I was able to reinstall.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I had the same problem, I used CCleaner and that error message no longer appeared and I was able to reinstall.

0 Kudos
ramyz986
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i install CCleaner and cleaned but still same for meee ! it's just not working !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try running the installer again with the /c option to completely uninstall. Be sure you're installing as an administrative user.

(The link to the knowledgebase is not posting correctly. Here is the URL

Cleaning Up After Incomplete Uninstallation on a Windows Host (1308)

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1308&slice...

admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I had this in the middle of a training session, so the presure was on. I also went through the registry and did a search on VMware, deleted what was found then ran CCleaner. It was WS 6.5 that killed my laptop, and I rolled back to 6.0.5

0 Kudos
ramyz986
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

it worked .. thanks

but again when i reinstall and restart my system the blue sreen error comes and system restores

then again same problem comes

any idea of this ...!

may be because i an using 64bit Windows Vista Home Premium... could this be a problem ????

thank you

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm running x64 Vista SP 1 Business, I had problems with 6.5, not like you describe but they all went after I reverted to 6.0.5 Build 109488.

0 Kudos
ramyz986
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey it works! Thanks a lot all for u help

Actually I also did not know how it works...

I again reinstall Workstation 6.5 and I knew if I don't restart or shutdown the system it is working perfect.

So I work my project for 3 to 4 day without restarting or shutdown the system.

Then my system needed to restart so I restarted but took a backup of virtual machine file.

This time no blue screen error or system restores, nothing at all. It was working perfect.

All I remember doing was an online update of windows. Nothing else..!

Any idea what actually cured this???

Thanks a lot all again for your help! :smileygrin:

0 Kudos