VMware Communities
BillPITS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't map a network drive using Workstation Player 14

Win 10 pro 64-bit machine running a Win 10 pro 32-bit VM.  The VM will not map a network drive (  NET USE N: \\SERVERNAME\SHARE ) -- not a shared folder between the 64 and the 32, but an outside drive -- despite the 64 being able to map that drive.  Won't map from a command prompt nor from File Explorer.   I've got to be able to map a drive.  Please help.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
voidp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think RDPetruska wants to know what the network adapter's settings are.

Here's what they look like in VMware Workstation 11.1.4.

Note that the network adapter is using a bridged connection.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Does other networking from the VM work?

How do you have your virtual network connection defined?

0 Kudos
BillPITS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The VM can get onto the internet so I know that works.  The machine is connected to network within the office.  A small file server is set up and that is what I am trying to map to within a typical ethernet connected environment.

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by how I have my virtual network connection defined.  I am new to the VM world.  All I did was let Workstation Player install itself.  When I was able to browse the internet from the VM I figured it had done what was needed to wake up a network connection.

0 Kudos
voidp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think RDPetruska wants to know what the network adapter's settings are.

Here's what they look like in VMware Workstation 11.1.4.

Note that the network adapter is using a bridged connection.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
BillPITS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks!  That worked.  I had (incorrectly) assumed that the VM would install with the same settings as the host machine.  I guess I'll need to see what else I assumed that was incorrect!

0 Kudos