VMware Communities
adza77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can't access Support

Hi,

I just purchased 3 licenses of VMWare 15.5 - which is supposed to come with 30 days support.

I'm unable to access any support through my portal as no product shows up for support. On the webpage it says:

Don't see your product listed? Read KB article 2009213

Which I do, and it keeps sending me around in circles.

How am I supposed to contact support about not being able to access support when I can't access support?

Cheers

Adam.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sshetty
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @adza77 , please do file a support request as  non technical query, this does not need a active license, you can provide order and license details in the ticket, so that licensing support can help sort the registration and activate support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Adam,

I'm not from VMware, but did you register your license keys in the my.vmware.com portal ?

AFAICR you should register there first.

Not that I ever used their support for Fusion or Workstation.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
adza77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks wila​ for trying to help.

I attempted to register the license key but it denies it saying:

The license Key which are Split/Combined cannot be registered

Of course I'd contact support for assistance on what to do in this instance too... but I can't.  <sigh>

0 Kudos
sshetty
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @adza77 , please do file a support request as  non technical query, this does not need a active license, you can provide order and license details in the ticket, so that licensing support can help sort the registration and activate support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

adza77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks sshetty​ - I managed to submit a support ticket using your method.