VMware Communities
Golden-Sage
Contributor
Contributor

Can't Ping vm from Guest pc

HI There, 

So I have two physical PCs here and they are both on the same Wi-fi Network. The host has the VM running on it and both the Host and VM can ping the guest pc on the network. The guest pc can ping the host but not the VM. 

I have the VM in bridged mode and not sure what else I am missing for the guest to be able to Ping the VM. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
vmngo
Contributor
Contributor

Probably a windows firewall rule if its a windows VM.

0 Kudos
Golden-Sage
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is a windows VM however, I have turned Windows firewall completely off on both pcs and the VM.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Clues as to which VMware product you’re actually using?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Golden-Sage
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

It Vmware Workstation 16

0 Kudos
vmngo
Contributor
Contributor

could be based on what nic the bridge is set for if you have physical nic and wifi card, you need to specify which bridged nic is used with the VM.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported, it needs moving to the area for Workstation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

1. show screenshot of "Virtual Network Editor" - keep in mind that autodetect is a bluff and will not work on hosts with more than one NIC.
2. tells us which operating systems are involved - Windows 11 ?
3. try something different to check connection like RDP, ssh, Cifs or even better run a portscanner

0 Kudos