VMware Communities
wad11656
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can only click 1 time in Ubuntu 14 in Workstation Pro 12 (Very strange)

I have a fully updated version of VMware Workstation Pro 12 along with updated VMware tools. I installed both the latest 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Ubuntu 14 Desktop on VMware Workstation Pro 12. On both versions, I could move my mouse and the Guest OS recognized the mouse's position; it successfully hovered over things and the cursor changed accordingly, and apps on the left showed their name when hovered over. However, I can only click something once after the Guest OS captures the mouse. It won't let me click anymore after that unless I move my mouse outside of the Guest OS capture area, then bring it back in. Essentially, every time I want to click something in the Guest OS, I have to move my cursor outside of the Guest OS first. Quite a nuissance.

Google searching is telling me I might be the first to post a question like this...Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wad11656
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installed Ubuntu 64-bit and the problem was not there. I only had this problem in Ubuntu 32-bit

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wad11656
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installed Ubuntu 64-bit and the problem was not there. I only had this problem in Ubuntu 32-bit

0 Kudos