VMware Communities
krosoft
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

CTRL + ALT + DEL don't work anymore

Hello,

I'm playing my Vcenter's VMs through VMware Workstation Pro 15.0, and since yesterday I have a server stucked on CTRL + ALT + DEL (The other servers run normally), I tried too many ways to unlock and nothing happens.

PS: The server is available through RDP, but from VMware Workstation I can't unlock.

Does anyone have an idea what can i do to unlock?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
krosoft
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I've solved the problem by importing the keyboard entries (from a machine with the same OS) in regedit and export them to the corrupted machine and everything was OK.

Thanks for Help !

View solution in original post

5 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Ctrl+Alt+Ins ?

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
krosoft
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No it doesn't work, even from VMware menu send ALT + CTRL + DEL do not work, but actually I found an error on device manager in Keyboard in few server I don't know from where it happens.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

OK.. sending it from the menu was going to be my next suggestion.
If that doesn't even work, then I'm not sure what will.

Did you install the "advanced keyboard driver" (I never do, it only seems to cause issues... search the forum..) ?
But that one is specially created for handing these type of keyboard shortcuts for the local host, not for vSphere.

Though to me it seems that you seem to have another issue.

If you connect to vSphere via a browser and use the console there, can you send the keyboard shortcut from the menu then?
Alternatively have you tried the remote console? It has a reset button in the toolbar IIRC.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
krosoft
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I've solved the problem by importing the keyboard entries (from a machine with the same OS) in regedit and export them to the corrupted machine and everything was OK.

Thanks for Help !

KBThornley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So I am hitting a very similar issue but only with a handful of about 12 total VMs that I recently migrated to a new host.  The link below simply loops back to this post so is not helpful.  Do you happen to know the keyboard registry key that you were able to copy over from a working VM to get a non-working one back in order?

0 Kudos