VMware Communities
r3ds4in7
Contributor
Contributor

CPU disabled

When I'm inside my virutal machine every thing is running fine except whenever I try to install or download software inside my virtrual machine I get the error message "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system, Power off or reset the virtual machine". I reset the machine and try to download and install software again but I keep getting the same message. I'm really new to virutalization so whatever explanaition I get needs to be really simple. Do I need to go into the BIOS on my computer or do something else inside of VMware Workstation to fix this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the forums!

Please let us know:

Which VMware Workstation version do you use?

Which host OS?

Which guest OS?

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
r3ds4in7
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running Vmware Workstation 8 on Windows 7

about the guest operating system... I'm trying to program in xCode 3.1 to learn objective c for iOS development so I'm trying to get OS X 10.5.7 running ( I have a feeling though I won't get my question answered because it is a violation of apple's terms and agreements, but I might as well try)

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

OS X is shutting down the CPU because it doesn't recognize the platform as Apple hardware.  Apple is enforcing its EULA.

0 Kudos
r3ds4in7
Contributor
Contributor

What is an Eula? The OS runs with no problems at all until I try to install iPhone SDK 3.1, I've seen other versions of Mac OS X and xCode run without problems on Workstation so I'm not exactly sure why it would run into power problems on this version.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

r3ds4in7 wrote:

What is an Eula?

EULA - End User License Agreement.

The OS runs with no problems at all until I try to install iPhone SDK 3.1, I've seen other versions of Mac OS X and xCode run without problems on Workstation so I'm not exactly sure why it would run into power problems on this version.

Nonetheless, we can't help you here.

0 Kudos
r3ds4in7
Contributor
Contributor

That didn't really surprise me since it is piracy, thanks anyways

0 Kudos