VMware Communities
w7b
Contributor
Contributor

CDBOOT: Cannot boot from CD - Code 5

Surprised that the same error appears in this VMware, previously always has oracles. Tried to use (oracle's version) CD / DVD player via USB and put an ISO on the hard drive, nothing worked, various error codes appear.

Device name DESKTOP-GGQ2I1F
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 3.79 GHz
Installed RAM 32,0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
dvd: ASUS DRW-24D5MT   standard SATA AHCI controller

disk WDC WDS500G2B0C  (mm2)

WD passport 2TB via USB

and an DVD RW via USB port

unable to find any logfile VMware workstation 16

Has anyone else encountered this problem, write a line, THOSE WHO BELIEVE - DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING TO ME!

Moderator edit by wila: Moved thread to Workstation Pro discussions

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@w7b 

Can you give more detail of what you're actually trying to achieve as an outcome?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
w7b
Contributor
Contributor

Download and install a Virtual Box / Machine, install as guest Win 7, have several computers (older) with the same win 7 installed in VirtualM, one of which with Win 10 and guest Win 7 (asus laptop). Has used VirtualM for the past ten years.

VirtualM does not seem to be able to load CD / DVD via SATA or via USB connected CD / DVD

regards

0 Kudos