VMware Communities
Dabbadoeber
Contributor
Contributor

Buy Workstation 10 Get Workstation 11 free in december

Buy Workstation 10 Get Workstation 11 free in december.

So i did bought workstation 10,(24 november 2014)

Now Workstation 11 is out, but my license key is not accepted by version 11.

is there something i have to do before........

Gr.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

Hi and welcome to the communities.

Go to https://my.vmware.com

and check if you can upgrade your license key to Workstation 11.

here's described how to upgrade keys in the portal: http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2006974

If this doesn't work please open a Support Request in the my.vmware.com portal. There is a special option to open a Request about licensing questions.

Tim

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

See the following weblink for more details - also pasted in text from the website.

VMware Workstation Licensing FAQs: Leading Edge PC Virtualization | United States

Technology Guarantee Program

Can I qualify for a free upgrade?

Customers who have purchased VMware Workstation™ 10 from October 1 to December 31, 2014 are covered by the Technology Guarantee Program for VMware Workstation and are eligible for a complimentary electronic upgrade to VMware Workstation 11:

• If you purchased VMware Workstation 10 from the VMware online store or an authorized VMware partner during this time period, you will automatically receive your new VMware Workstation 11 license key(s) via email after the product is generally available in December. Please allow up to 48 hours to get your new license key(s). No further action is required to receive your upgrade.
  • If you purchased VMware Workstation 10 through an authorized VMware distributor during this period, you will need to submit your license key(s) and proof of purchase online by January 31, 2015 to receive your complimentary license key. After the product is generally available in December, please allow up to 2 weeks to receive your complimentary electronic upgrade to VMware Workstation 11.
mwb1100
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email with my upgrade VMware Workstation 11 key.

The key was also in the my.vmware.com account portal already - I did not have to make any kind of request to get the upgrade key.

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

great, so they improved their workflow since I last got an update from WS 7 to 8 Smiley Wink

0 Kudos