VMware Communities
quiettime
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bug: Workstation 15 guest window pane is slightly different size after exiting full screen

I'm using Workstation 15.5.6 build-16341506 in Windows 7. I've noticed that if I full-screen (ctrl-alt-enter) a Windows 10 guest and then exit full screen (ctrl-alt-enter) the pane that shows all the guests is slightly smaller. As a workaround I can restart Workstation while leaving the VMs running in the background, and the size goes back to normal. This is a problem for me because I do not use auto-fit for my guests so when the pane is sized slightly smaller then there are scrollbars on it, making it necessary for me to use the workaround.

It appears to be some sort of widget issue where the border goes from thin to thick by adding an extra 2 pixels. Here's a before & after comparison:

Workstation window pane changes after exiting full screen.png

My display DPI is set to 125%, which may have something to do with it. I don't know how long this has been an issue since I rarely use full screen mode.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hahakiki2010
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You are hitting the issue on a window7 host, right? I could not reproduce the issue on a win10 host with DPI %125 as the issue mentioned.

0 Kudos
quiettime
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, Windows 7 Enterprise

0 Kudos
Lamaay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello!

I have the same problem.

Host: Windows 10 x64 Pro 2004, Vmware Workstation Pro 16.0, DPI 100%