VMware Communities
cndq
Contributor
Contributor

Bug Report: erratic behavior of dual-display under Workstation 12.0.1 on CentOS host and Windows 7 Guest (at least)

I'm running an HP z800 with dual 30" displays (each is dual-link 2560x1600) on CentOS6 host O/S

Working with guests and trying to use Dual-Displays is very erratic.  For example, clicking the "Cycle Multiple Monitors" button when in full-screen mode after a fresh reboot fails the first time (it continues to use just 1 monitor, but the "display" on this one monitor suddenly shows a scroll-bar, so I actually get both screens, but only on 1 monitor, where I need to scroll sideways.)

Clicking again the "Cycle Multiple Monitors" button now reverts back to 1 monitor (and messes up all my guest icons).

Clicking again (for the 3rd time) the "Cycle Multiple Monitors" button now eventually starts to use my second monitor for the first time.

Various other erratic behaviors exist when switching guests and so on.

It would be nice if a vmware engineer loaded Workstation under CentOS (although I suspect it's probably *all* linux hosts), powered up a windows guest, and took note of all the things that are not working right under a dual-monitor setup, then (of course), fixed them 🙂

Thanks fellows!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rachelsunsm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks for using WS. your suggestion is valuable to us, we will try to cover more linux guest in future release.

0 Kudos