VMware Communities
hdesknab
Contributor
Contributor

Bridged network do not work

Hi,

A have VM-ware installed on a Dell Presicion M90, i am running VM-ware 6.0.2 build 59824. I have installed 4 guests on this VM-ware 2 Win XP and 2 LinuxMint, the Win XP´s are working fine with bridged network, 1 LinuxMint Cassandra is working fine with bridged network, But the LinuxMint Daryana won't Work with bridged network Host-only works OK NAT works fine, but i need to be able to send data to this guest OS as well.

Anyone how have ideés ? All suggestions are welcome ?:|

--Hdesknab

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jakganesh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What is the Ipconfig in your Guest OS & Host OS....?

how you have connected your Guest VM to the host, i mean which VMnet you are using to connect your guest to host.

wht is the ipconfig of the other Linux mechine which is working fine...

Jakkireddy Ganesh reddy

Jak
0 Kudos
hdesknab
Contributor
Contributor

Thats an other thing a bit confusing, Basicly i am running DHCP on all interfaces (both host and guests). On the working LinuxMint Cassandra i have VMnet0 (bridged) and that is working fine. I the Daryana i am currently running VMnet0 (default bridged) now this is working ?? the only difference between them is that the "radiobutton" in Cassandra is set to "bridged" and in Daryana it is set to "custom" (both seems to be running bridged since they both have uniq IP adresses and ican "ping" both of them from an other host on the Network.

The bridging on Daryana started working after that i had configured the network first to Host-only, then NAT, and after that i tested the bridged VMnet0 (still in Custom setting) and now is that working too ???.

I am not shure if this i a stable setting but i will find that out later today when i am shuting down the host and start it up again.

I´ll post the result here.

--Bengt

0 Kudos