VMware Communities
LethalCorpse
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Bind guest NIC to specific host NIC

I'm using VMWare workstation 8.0.4. I've got two physical NICs on the host machine (win7 x64). I've got two NICs configured on the guest (win xp x32). The two NICs on the host are connected to two separate networks, a corporate LAN and a local development LAN. I need one of the guest NICs to bridge to each of the host NICs. At present, in bridged mode and in all of the "custom:specific virtual network" modes, both NICs always bind to the same network, whichever is the first available connection on the host. They both get a DHCP lease on the corporate LAN. I can work around it by disabling one host NIC, enabling a guest adaptor to bind to it, enabling the second host nic, then enabling the second guest NIC, but this is obviously less than ideal, and has to happen every time I boot. Is there a way to specify the host NIC to use for each VM interface?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can bind the different Host Networks Adapters to a specific VMnet using the Virtual Network Editor and then bind the specific Virtual Network Adapter to a specific VMnet in the Virtual Machine's Network Adapters Settings.  Suggest you read Chapter 5, Configuring Network Connections, in Using VMware Workstation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can bind the different Host Networks Adapters to a specific VMnet using the Virtual Network Editor and then bind the specific Virtual Network Adapter to a specific VMnet in the Virtual Machine's Network Adapters Settings.  Suggest you read Chapter 5, Configuring Network Connections, in Using VMware Workstation.

0 Kudos
LethalCorpse
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Excellent, thanks mate

0 Kudos