VMware Communities
LeoL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Beta Trial

I assume that the Beta Period for WS 6.5 has ended.

It would be nice to have found out in a less brutal way than than a system error from the Communities Web server.

Leo

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

The beta community forum was updated last Tuesday (the release day) - locked, with an announcement of the product release. Looks like that is no longer around now, a week later.

0 Kudos
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, the beta ended when the product was released on 9/23/2008

I believe there was an email blast that went out to registered customers. You may want to check any spam/ email filters

0 Kudos
LeoL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I AM a registered and I have checked my spam filters.

I received no mail notification.

But then, in common with many others on the Beta trial, I got no notification of new beta versions either. (Ok I did get one recently, about two weeks ag=fter it had been released and I had seen and downloaded it anyway.)

Leo

PS

I AM receiving email notifications of updates to this thread. Si it's not my email address that is at fault.

0 Kudos
LeoL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What's the experience of others on the Beta trial.

Did any of you get notified?

Leo

0 Kudos
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Leo,

May be other users will chime in on this theard letting us know if they received an email regarding the release.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

I didn't get any mail.

I only noticed the final release accidentaly - someone in the german forum had posted the news

description of vmx-parameters:

VMware-liveCD:

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

I received an email back during the Friends & Family beta. Never any during the public beta, and none yet about the release.

0 Kudos
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal

I was told that there would be an email blast shortly after the release, thanks for your input and I will look into this to see what may have happened.

Again, thanks everyone for your input Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
LeoL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately (and unusually), due to pressure of work, I did not log in for just over a week.

So I blinked, and it was gone!

Leo

0 Kudos