VMware Communities
spicystone49
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Best way to access and manage shared VM's in Workstation 14

The way I am currently accessing and managing the VM's on my main computer (Windows 10 host, Workstation 14.0) from my notebook, is to put the VM's under "Shared VM's", have Workstation installed on my notebook and connect using the IP of my main computer.

However, I think this means that I need to buy two licenses, of which one is just for remote access. I tried accessing the VM's using VMWare Player, but this gives an error saying it can't connect to the vSphere server.

Is the way I am currently doing it the only way, or are there other/better ways to access and manage VM's on a remote computer? I also have Remote Desktop access to the computer, but just using the application in stead of switching to the RD session is much easier.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
spicystone49
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Found a proper solution/workaround by setting up RemoteApp serving from the Windows 10 virtual host Host RemoteApps from Windows PCs (Part 1) - TechGenix

However, still hoping that VMware will resume development for WSX or something like it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
spicystone49
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Found a proper solution/workaround by setting up RemoteApp serving from the Windows 10 virtual host Host RemoteApps from Windows PCs (Part 1) - TechGenix

However, still hoping that VMware will resume development for WSX or something like it.

0 Kudos