VMware Communities
cndg
Contributor
Contributor

BUG REPORT: Linked clones not accessing correct files

The .vmx manifest can specify files in some entries, like bios440.filename

The cloned version of the manifest is not properly catering for these files - they either need to be copied, or a relative path added to they point to the requisite file.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
cndg
Contributor
Contributor

Bug Report #2 - it also changes the state of my "shared folders" from "Enabled" (in the original) to "Disabled" (in the clone).

Clone means Clone - you need to NOT change anything without asking us - or better - do not ask, and do not change.  If I clone something with shared folders, I want that. If I don't - I know how to turn it off.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. Note that VMTN is a user community forum, not a recognised support channel into the product team.

2. What version of Workstation Pro?

3. It might help to explain more about the actions you are carrying out to reach that point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
cndg
Contributor
Contributor

Bug reports are not a support issue. They're mistakes that vmware need to fix.

I expect someone from vmware looks at their own forum.

There's no obvious place I could find to report bugs - and it's not my job to waste my time for free to help vmware fix their own mistakes anyhow - they should care enough to see the title and do whatever they need to solve this issue.

It's pretty simple to fix, so long as the right person in the right team gets to read what I wrote...

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

They still need to be seen by the correct eyes, and as I mentioned VMTN is a user community.

Perhaps if you add some of the other information which I suggested that will help if those eyes take a look.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos