VMware Communities
strantor
Contributor
Contributor

BSOD trying to run Windows 7 in Workstation 14.1.0

I am 100% NOOB with VMWare. I am using the 30 day trial to decide if I want to purchase.

I created a VM from my physical laptop at home using VMWare Converter 6.2.0 and I haven't been able to run it on that same laptop, or on my work laptop. On both host machines I have tried, I get the same symptoms:

1. The very first time I boot it, it boots all the way to the Windows 7 "CTRL + ALT + DEL to login" screen, and won't go any further. CTRL+ALT+INS won't work and selecting "send CTRL+ALT+DEL" from the VMWare menu won't work.

2. After sitting there for a few minutes at the login screen I will get a BSOD (screenshot #1 below). At this point, I never see the login screen again, no matter how many times I reset it.

3. When I reboot it goes to Windows Error Recovery (screenshot #2). If I choose "launch Startup repair" it says Status 0xc0000225 (screenshot #3 below). If I "start Windows Normally" it goes BSOD again.

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture.2PNG.PNG

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

One question - did you perform the second stage of the Converter (reconfiguration part)?

0 Kudos
strantor
Contributor
Contributor

I have no idea what you're talking about, so I guess the answer is "NO"

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

you can refer below Link-

Error code 0xc0000225: Windows Recovery Screen Solution

Regards,