VMware Communities
kolotyluk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Automated Startup?

Maybe this is just not a featue of VMWare Workstation, but is there any way to configure it so that when your Windows system starts, VMWare is automatically started, and one or more specific virtual machines is started too?

I have looked all through the docs, and tried using Google, but I cannot seem to find anything around this.

Cheers, Eric

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware Workstation does not come with this ability built in.  However, there is a wonderful little executable called "vmrun" which comes with Workstation and will do just want you want!  I created a script which I put in the Startup folder in Windows which causes a little window to pop up.  After 2 mins it starts a specific vm in Workstation and provides me with two buttons to immediately start the vm or cancel.  The script runs a batch file which calls vmrun.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware Workstation does not come with this ability built in.  However, there is a wonderful little executable called "vmrun" which comes with Workstation and will do just want you want!  I created a script which I put in the Startup folder in Windows which causes a little window to pop up.  After 2 mins it starts a specific vm in Workstation and provides me with two buttons to immediately start the vm or cancel.  The script runs a batch file which calls vmrun.

0 Kudos
kolotyluk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, that works great!

Cheers, Eric

0 Kudos