VMware Communities
Toaster4000
Contributor
Contributor

Auto Network Bridging consistently stymied by Hyper-V switches

I'm running Workstation on top of Hyper-V (out of necessity; I can't turn it off), which means Hyper-V creates various virtual switches dynamically on boot. Workstation seems to love trying to use these for my guests' network connectivity when I choose "automatic bridging", meaning my VMs can't get online. I can uncheck all of the Hyper-V switches, and everything works fine again, but then the next time I reboot, Windows freshly recreates those switches, and Workstation forgets I unchecked them. Could Workstation be updated to ignore those switches? There's no reason to ever select them for automatic bridging.

I do realize I can tie a bridge to a specific interface. I don't want to do that. This is a laptop; I want it to automatically choose Ethernet or Wi-Fi. I also realize I could use NAT. I can't do that either; it breaks things I need to work in my guest system.

Thanks!

Toaster4000_0-1642737021214.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Toaster4000
Contributor
Contributor

I'd also settle for a "don't enable new network interfaces by default" setting. But I'd rather Hyper-V switches just be ignored.

0 Kudos