VMware Communities
gonace
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone else having problems reaching VMWare Support?

VMWare Support is single-handedly the worst experience I've ever had, and I have no idea where to begin.

I purchased an upgrade from VMWare Workstation Pro 16 to 17, 4 days ago and the Paypal transaction was successful but the landing page on VMWare's side gave me an "Internal Server Error". So I opened a support request the same day and called them 3 times but they only ask for the support case number and then ask me to wait.

It's now been 4 days and no response and no serial/license beeing added to my account. Am I being "forced" to piracy here or what, when (if) this is resolved would I feel confident about purchasing another upgrade or will I end up pirating their software?

This is what makes me furious, it should not be easier to fall back to piracy than make a purchase.

12 Replies
MattGagliardi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Several of us are in the same boat, I'm now seeing ~5-6 threads in this forum related to purchase/licensing issues with Workstation and/or issues in Customer Connect.  Come on VMware...folks are obviously eager to get the new version, which is $ in your pocket.  Get this stuff straightened out.

qf3l3k
Contributor
Contributor

got response from support as they charge me twice and did not provide any license. However, support refused to refund money until I will open some dispute on paypal and provide them some documents.. here is exact statement from email I got from support

"....Our payments team advised they did found 2 orders in our system. They advised to process refund from our side you will need to contact PayPal and life the dispute. Once dispute is closed you will have to provide us a signed document from PayPal confirming that disputes are closed. When we have that we can process a refunds for your 2 orders...."

at this stage it looks definitely like theft and scam.

I do not quite get why I have to contact anyone when VMware along with Digital River has stolen money from the card and now actually refuse to refund it.

0 Kudos
qf3l3k
Contributor
Contributor

Update on this... Digital River also refuses to refund

"...We don't have the option to process your refund, since we just only process payment for VMWare. Regarding you request, you need to contact VMWare customer service directly for them to process your refund...."

although they are listed as seller on PayPal transaction.

0 Kudos
RELynch
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  Same problem with upgrade of Workstation 16 to 17. Paypal payment made.  There has to be a solution to this!

0 Kudos
pissedoff
Contributor
Contributor

how did you even find a number to call? i have been scouring this website for SOME kind of customer care - all i keep getting are troubleshooting articles - they really don't want me finding their address and flying cross country to knock on their door - wouldn't be the first time and i wasn't even angry the first time

0 Kudos
jbardon
Contributor
Contributor

yes your right suffering 

0 Kudos
jbardon
Contributor
Contributor

i am suffering   i talked someone about my case   yester day then a second persona 

and now i cant find help   i would like to yea at the ceo   

but he is hiding . 

0 Kudos
CharlesGilley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Always pay by CC.  VMware support is terrible.  Just reverse the charges, and it will sort itself out.

0 Kudos
CharlesGilley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

just for the record, I suspect this is a nonsense answer to keep you from getting a refund.  If they can electronically take your money, they certainly can give it back.

0 Kudos
elliotleonard
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto. I recently bought VMWare Workstation 17 Pro. When I try to open a support ticket for a crash, their Customer Connect website does not even acknowledge that I bought the product. And without that ack, I cannot open open a support ticket. When I try to register my serial number, the website says that it is invalid. I managed to find a phone number for VMWare support. When I called it, I got a terse message that basically says 'use the website' and then hangs up.

I am starting to fantasize about going to a VMWare stock holders meeting.

0 Kudos
goldeneye_007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It's not just VMware. I've never had so many problems giving money to businesses.

Honestly, if you can't even sell something, just close your doors.

0 Kudos
CharlesGilley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I grant you your point, but we are on a vmware website :).  If there is never any response, shut the communities down, and we'll all go over to reddit.

0 Kudos