VMware Communities
Justice1995
Contributor
Contributor

Any tips for increasing performance on VMs on VMware Workstation on Windows 11?

Okay so, since i installed VMware on my Windows 11 i started having lacky and awful performance on my VMs...

I mostly save my VMs files on my secondary hard drive, and i have a decent PC to run VMs and i have virtualization on my motherboard enabled and Hyper-V enabled for fast performance on virtualization but i still have a bad performance on VMs...

Specs of my PC:

Windows 11 Pro (as i mentioned above)
Intel Celeron G5905 3.50Ghz (2 cores)
16GB of RAM
250GB SSD
1TB HDD

Anything that i can do?

============================================================================================================

Guest OSes that are running badly:

Windows 98
Windows 2000 Professional
Windows XP Pro (x86)
Windows 7
Windows 95
and basically all of them..

OSes that still run just fine:

Windows 8.1 
Windows 10

============================================================================================================

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

"Intel Celeron G5905 3.50Ghz (2 cores)"

That's most likely your problem right there... I'm surprised you are even able to get Win11 to install on such an old CPU/system.  With only 2 cores, your host OS is going to be using most if not all of those resources, and not leaving much for any virtual machine.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

@Justice1995 wrote:

and Hyper-V enabled for fast performance on virtualization

Hyper-V enabled does not make for faster performance, it will do the exact opposite.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Justice1995
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, thanks for the reply! 

Is not old, its from 2021 according to intels website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/201899/intel-celeron-processor-g5905-4m-cache-3...

0 Kudos
Justice1995
Contributor
Contributor

Once again, thanks for the reply!

Okay, im disabling Hyper-V

Thanks for telling me this!

0 Kudos