VMware Communities
dalewood
Contributor
Contributor

Also having trouble with VMware Workstation 10.0.2 - Window 7 host and guest - watch out!

I also ran into trouble with the 10.0.2 upgrade.

I have a Windows 7 x64 host and running Windows 7 x64 guest (with VMware tools also upgraded for 10.0.2) and got some kind of "NOT_IMPLEMENTED" pop-up error and the guest crashed.

I had been running 10.0.1 without issues and upgraded to 10.0.2 and the VMware tools within the guest.

Since I need this to work reliably I have fallen back to 10.0.1.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi dalewood,

If you still have that VM's vmware.log file containing the NOT_IMPLEMENTED message (or vmware-1.log, etc.), it'd be super helpful if you could provide it so we could have a chance to identify the problem you encountered.

Thanks,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
dalewood
Contributor
Contributor

Here you go.

0 Kudos
covelli
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi dalewood,

Sorry for the trouble.  Unfortunately the .dmp file is only a mini-dump and not enough information is available to root cause the problem.  Can you please add :

coreDumpFlags = 2

to the VM's .vmx file ?  If the problem reproduces that will get us a full dump of vmware-vmx.

Thanks,

Doug

0 Kudos
dalewood
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for looking into the problem but I rely on VMware to work correctly so I have fallen back to 10.0.1.

I have added the requested flag and if I can try again, perhaps next week, I'll post more crash file.

I have attached one other file that appeared to be created after the crash.

Dale...

0 Kudos