VMware Communities
tarekocean
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Allow promiscuous mode vmware | Allow promiscuousModePolicy

Hello Dears,

hop this finds you well.

Kindly need help as I tried a lot of solutions with no success. he problem is with EVE-NG and VMware workstation the router can't get to the pyhsical network... as in ESXI works good when I allow the promiscuous mode  to yes. as well for virutal box when I make the network briged mode and allow promiscuousModePolicy to all. so please would you help me to do the same for VMware workstation as I run it on windows 10 same vritualbox so It should be a way since Virutalbox worked and router reached the internet and the pysical network after setting up the routing etc.

image to show you in virtual box how I allow it !

Capture.JPG

Thanks in advanded

BR

Tarek/

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tarekocean
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Scott.

thanks for your reply actually I did reach that result and tried before posting this post. with know success even though I knew that Ethernet with vmaware is automatic enable the mode

I use this command in power-shell : Get-NetAdapter | Select InterfaceDescription, PromiscuousMode

and tried the option for the second interface it won't change it to True for the promiscuous mode only the ethernet is auto come true when the vm powered on although issue not resolved as router can't get out side the EVE-NG network...

BUT the good news I solved with following article which is configuring dhcp server and NAT inside EVE-NG machine with normal Linux commands. ( it might the problem is community edition but still the community worked perfect in virtual box and ESXI):

https://d-herrmann.de/2018/04/nat-cloud-in-eve-ng-community-edition/

Thanks

Tarek/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

From what I’ve read it is enable by default in Workstation on Windows.

There is a setting you can check (or add) in the VMX file of your VM:

ethernet0.noPromisc = "false"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
tarekocean
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Scott.

thanks for your reply actually I did reach that result and tried before posting this post. with know success even though I knew that Ethernet with vmaware is automatic enable the mode

I use this command in power-shell : Get-NetAdapter | Select InterfaceDescription, PromiscuousMode

and tried the option for the second interface it won't change it to True for the promiscuous mode only the ethernet is auto come true when the vm powered on although issue not resolved as router can't get out side the EVE-NG network...

BUT the good news I solved with following article which is configuring dhcp server and NAT inside EVE-NG machine with normal Linux commands. ( it might the problem is community edition but still the community worked perfect in virtual box and ESXI):

https://d-herrmann.de/2018/04/nat-cloud-in-eve-ng-community-edition/

Thanks

Tarek/

0 Kudos