VMware Communities
Meter
Contributor
Contributor

After upgrading to VMware workstation 14 pro, all virtual systems are blackscreen. Physics machine system is win10pro

Issue : When I normally use the VM14 physics machine suddenly power failure, restart, open any virtual machine is black screen.

Reinstall VM problem exists.Reinstall the physical machine system problems disappear.

I wonder how this problem should be solved. How should the win10 system be set? Reinstall the system too tired.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Please forgive my poor English.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
wangeryan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, Meter:

You can use VM in VMware Workstation 14 normally until the physics machine suddenly power failure, right? Would you please reproduce the issue and upload the vmware-ui.log and vmware.log? The vmware-ui.log locates at %temp%vmware-$user/vmware-ui-xxxxx.log, and the vmware.log should locates in the same folder of your VM related files. Thanks very much

0 Kudos
creatx
Contributor
Contributor

See attachments.

0 Kudos
Meter
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry :Now  my VM14 is normal,I dare not try, redo the system very tired. I think a lot of them have the same problems as me. I think the solution should be the same.

Thanks for sharing information about people.

When I encounter this problem, I will copy and save this document

0 Kudos
Meter
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
yanw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello, everyone:

If you hit the VM black screen issue when using VMware workstation 14, would you please help to append this line --

ui.log.filelevel = "trivia" in %appdata%/VMware/preferences.ini, then close and re-launch Workstation, try to reproduce the black issue and attach vmware-ui.log and vmware.log here? (location of vmware-ui.log can be found at "Help"--"About VMware Workstation", and vmware.log is under the same foler of your VM's vmx and vmdk files), thanks very much for your support

0 Kudos