VMware Communities
Suppa1985
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After VM ware VGA driver install windows xp 32 bit ABB 800xa app not shown properly

When I installed windows xp 32 bit vmware workstation pro 17.0 and run the ABB 800xa SCADA software there.Before I installed vmware drivers it will display overview and other things ok.But after I installed vm ware drivers in windows xp.They will not shown well.How can I solve this problem with vm ware drivers installation.

Thanks

Suppa1985

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pcgeek2009
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Technically, Windows XP is no longer supported by VMware and has not been for some time. It is not on the list of supported operating systems. It is not on the list of supported OS's.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/80807

I know I have not been able to update tools on Windows XP we still have in production in our environment for a long time. I did find other post where people were able to resolve issues with XP by using an older version of Workstation like 15. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
pcgeek2009
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Technically, Windows XP is no longer supported by VMware and has not been for some time. It is not on the list of supported operating systems. It is not on the list of supported OS's.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/80807

I know I have not been able to update tools on Windows XP we still have in production in our environment for a long time. I did find other post where people were able to resolve issues with XP by using an older version of Workstation like 15. 

louyo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Agree on older install. I have an XP VM installed back in 2008 and it runs OK (VMWS 17.02) as long as I don't mess with tools. On startup, I have to drag a window around the screen to bring up the background, but that is cosmetic. Everything runs OK, including Visual Studio 2005!! I maintain an old Visual Foxpro database program with it. Rarely needed. 

0 Kudos
Suppa1985
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much.I installed vmware workstation pro 15.5 and drivers install from their.Problem is solved now.Thank you very much your valuable instruction.

0 Kudos