VMware Communities
mgzeringue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After 7.1 update Iphone no longer will sync

Prior to this update, I simply connected the IPhone and ITunes running within my VM would see it attached and sync. Worked as expected. Now, the Host OS sees an IPHone and the VM does not. When I try to manually connect this, the Host OS says VMWare USB Driver not found throws an error and I am stuck.

Both OSs are Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I have attached a file showing the steps I take and the resulting actions via screen shots.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It sounds like our USB drivers weren't installed properly on your host. Perhaps reinstalling Workstation would help, but I'm not sure.

If that doesn't help, could you attach the vminst.log file from your %TEMP% folder?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Any suggestions?

Tried simply going back to 7.0? It's probably a bug. Any particular reason you need the update? It's a minor revision...

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Does this happen only with the iPhone, or does this happen if you try to connect other USB devices to VMs?

mgzeringue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Good question, I was so focused on the IPhone issue I did not check for other issues.

I just plugged in Cruzer drive and it too does not work inside the VM. I do know in the past this would work. A similar behavior except when I try to manually connect the disk, I hear what sounds like success but an error message popsn up saying driver error.

Mark

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It sounds like our USB drivers weren't installed properly on your host. Perhaps reinstalling Workstation would help, but I'm not sure.

If that doesn't help, could you attach the vminst.log file from your %TEMP% folder?

0 Kudos
mgzeringue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give this a try once I am able to shut down all of the VM's currently running. I will advise the result when I get it.

Mark

0 Kudos
mgzeringue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This issue has been resolved. I had to uninstall Workstation 7.1 and re-install. This did correct the problem.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos