VMware Communities
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Active windows server 2012R2 failure

Hi,

I have Volume License. The License valid. The license could active VM created by vMware Sphere(I have active on version of 6.0,6.5,6.7, all well) . Also physcial server is fine for being actived by the key.

But it is used to active the VM created by Workstation Pro failure. System said ,"That key could be used to active this edtion of windows...

Vmware workstation pro is windows version.

Could you give guide what version of the windows server 2012R2 license should be used in this scenario?

Brgds

Liu Wei

Labels (1)
  • h

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Liu,

Are you using "typical install" when installing the guest OS, where VMware Workstation tries to help with a quick install kind of thing and asks for the basic info before you even start the guest OS?

If so, then try the "custom install" where Windows itself asks for the license key.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Liu,

Are you using "typical install" when installing the guest OS, where VMware Workstation tries to help with a quick install kind of thing and asks for the basic info before you even start the guest OS?

If so, then try the "custom install" where Windows itself asks for the license key.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HI, Wil,

No. 

I always install by customer. The installation passed the credentials. I mean the inquiry product key is not request during installation.

Liu Wei

Tags (1)
0 Kudos