VMware Communities
JarrodD
Contributor
Contributor

Accessing software on a Virtual server

I have Vmware Workstation installed on a Windows 7 x64 machine. I started a virtual Windows Ent Sp2 x86 2003 server on this box. Vmware is set to have a Bridged connection. I Installed some company software that creates a Database setup which utilizes asp.net IIS and WSE 3.0. After installation of the company server software, we have a client version that we install on separate machines to connect to said server. This issue I am running into is that the client machines cannot connect to the virtual server. If the software is installed in a live environment it works as designed. Also if I install the client software on the host machine it will connect to the server just fine. so in a sense it's isolated, somehow. You can ping the server and remote into it from other machines. the server also has internet access. is there a setting that I am missing or some sort of disconnect?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Is the Host System using Wired Ethernet or WiFi and if the latter have you tried with the former?

Have you tried temporarily disabling Firewalls and Security type software on both the Host and the Guest, just to test and then re-enable?

0 Kudos