VMware Communities
kingneutron
Expert
Expert

A moment of silence...

Today is, as many of you know, Memorial Day.

If you would indulge me for a moment, please take a few minutes and read this post carefully; then consider your possible responses to a very troubling situation.

My friend continuum is currently \*seriously* considering leaving the vmware forums for good. Many of you can doubtless look back and say, "Hey, that guy helped me out with some good advice - why is he leaving??"

And well you may ask... Although it is not my place to speculate on exactly what went down, I am hereby throwing my support behind him in this matter. (As well as throwing down the gauntlet for Vmware employees and "brasshats.")

Continuum has publicly stated in another thread that he will no longer post here until his issues are addressed at a high, if not THE highest, level at vmware.

Well, if he chooses to silence his voice, then so do I. (Hopefully some of you can look back and say I, kingneutron, helped you as well.)

As of now, my voice on this forum and the Server forum will no longer be heard until Ulli has his issues addressed - one way or the other.

(And note to vmware: Continued silence from you will be taken as an affront to the community that helps to support your users. If you \*really* want this resolved in a good way, start by stepping up to the plate and opening up a meaningful dialogue!)

If you who are reading this post are interested in the specifics of this situation, and have a vested interest in helping with its resolution soonest, please feel free to PM me - or continuum. I will not post further details here out of respect to vmware, but I urge you to add your voices to ours so that we can fully get vmware's attention -- and hopefully a complete resolution of these issues.

Thank you for your time.

Dave Bechtel // KingNeutron

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NoLkaGcpJFA

./. If you have appreciated my response, please remember to apply Helpful/Correct points. TIA
0 Kudos
3 Replies
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal

If you want to support us read the open letter

http://sanbarrow.com/suggestions.html

and the following thread http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=85082

Oliver

0 Kudos
devzero
Expert
Expert

>Well, if he chooses to silence his voice, then so do I

one more!

:-X

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I've posted somewhat of a response over there on that thread. I'm really glad to be getting all the comments from everybody. Here's what I said:

I haven't posted here because I wanted to have a more complete answer, and not just "we're looking into it." However, US Memorial Day intervened. So be aware we're here and listening, but this note is not the complete response yet, ok?

A lot of the good points here mesh completely with other internal discussions that were already going on, and we've been able to bring these comments into the mix. It's always super important that we are able to show that the community cares about these issues. Also, I've been in touch with Ulli, and we're going to talk more offline.

In general, the user community is seen as one of absolute best parts of VMware, and you can expect the online (and offline) community to get more and more visible this year. We've also got a major software upgrade coming to the forums that should help with FAQs, knowledge transfer, and best practices. (Think blogs & wikis.)

You'll be seeing more from me talking about new developments as well as asking for feedback. I also need Ulli, Oliver, and Rob to talk to me offline so we can make some progress getting them the help they need.

You can always address comments directly to me (jtroyer is my email) or the entire team (vmtn_team@...). This is the best enterprise community on the planet, and communities, like Soylent Green, are made of people. Let's keep the discussion going with mutual respect to create the kind of community where we all want to hang out.

John

0 Kudos