VMware Communities
RocknRollTim
Contributor
Contributor

A fault has occurred causing a virtual CPU to enter the shutdown state... in VMWare Workstation 15.5.6 caused by installing Creative Ensoniq drivers in Windows 98 guest virtual machine

Hi all,

I am wishing to get sound on my Windows 98 guest virtual machine, I have read a few sources on the Internet that the Creative Ensoniq drivers are required in order to get sound on the guest virtual machine, however everytime I come to install, it comes up with the following message on the host "A fault has occurred causing a virtual CPU to enter the shutdown state. If this fault had occurred outside of a virtual machine, it would have caused the physical machine to restart. The shutdown state can be reached by incorrectly configuring the virtual machine, a bug in the guest operating system, or a problem in VMWare Workstation" The problem is everytime I click OK or Cancel, the virtual machine is closed down and the sound driver is never installed correctly. The host's operating system is Windows 10 2004. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim 

0 Kudos
0 Replies