VMware Communities
Faize
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A couple of questions

I've used Fusion for a while now, but I'm new to Workstation, so:

1) I've noticed that Unity in Workstation is very, very slow compared to Fusion, on the same computer (my Macbook). With Fusion, Unity with an XP guest runs smooth as butter, but on Workstation (with an XP host and an XP guest) the guest is so slow in unity mode that when I type something into Notepad I have to wait about a second before it shows up. As it is, Unity mode is pretty much useless so is there some configuration to speed up Workstation's Unity to a more Fusion-like experience?

2) I never thought about this until recently, but do I have to suspend the VM before I put my laptop on standby?

3) I can't get the P2V converter to work properly. After I virtualize my PC and start it up with either Fusion or Workstation, Windows spends like half an hour installing new drivers, and after the obligatory reboot, it no longer starts up. I'm guessing this is related to the fact that too much new/different hardware all at once will shock Windows into not booting, but there's gotta be a workaround for this.

0 Kudos
0 Replies