VMware Communities
s3verian
Contributor
Contributor

64 bit 2008 or Vista 64 host issue with XP clients

My XP clients aren't getting hardware accelleration for the mouse movements (jumpy mouse), even though hardware acceleration is set to full in the troubleshooting tab of the display properties.

I installed the XP clients first on a 2008/64 bit OS, saw the issue, then copied the VM's to a Vista 64 bit OS and saw the same issue. I've also tried reinstalling vmware tools, and copying a VM w/o this issue from a 2003/32 bit host, but always see the issue on these 64-bit hosts. Win2k3/32 clients work fine on 2008/Vista 64-bit hosts

I'm using VM Workstation 6.0.4. Any ideas?

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
s3verian
Contributor
Contributor

bump

0 Kudos
s3verian
Contributor
Contributor

I was accessing the hosts via RDP; when I used the XP VM's from the physical machine, the issue went away. Still not sure why that would be an issue, seeing as how it works fine for the 2003 host, and there isn't a delay typing into notepad.exe, for example (small packet)

0 Kudos
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal

In my experince, RDP to the host always has some slight delays with the mouse, Usually not a huge issue for me, just an irritation. For you, what happens if your RDP directly to the client OS instead of to the host?

0 Kudos