VMware Communities
Savestheday72
Contributor
Contributor

404 error when trying to retrieve my license

I just did a clean install of VMWARE Workstation and when i try to retrieve my license it comes back with a 404 error. Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

"it comes back with a 404 error" - what is it?

Maybe a screenshot will help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Savestheday72
Contributor
Contributor

more info: I've tried different browsers and my phone. none will work

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Not sure - I just tried the "MyVMware" link, logged in, went to "License Keys" and my keys show up.  So their server appears to be working fine.

How are you trying to get to the page?

0 Kudos
Savestheday72
Contributor
Contributor

After signing in to vmware I click onto "View &Download products". Then where it says "License Keys" under Related Resources. the Error shows up there. is there another way?

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

I'm not sure.  I clicked the 'My VMware ' link at the upper right of any of these pages.  Logged in.  That takes me to "Home" page for My VMware.  Then either hover over "Products" in the top grey bar, and select 'License Keys'; or on mine is a set of Quick Links on the right hand side of the page, and 'License Keys' is one of them.

If that still doesn't work, I would email VMware support.

0 Kudos