VMware Communities
Justice1995
Contributor
Contributor

3D Graphics not working on any of my virtual machines

Hello, I have a question.

I was installing VMware Workstation Pro, and when I was accepting all terms, I got an error that 3d graphics won't be used on any of my virtual machines. According to the installer, it means that I DONT HAVE DirectX 11.1 but I do have DirectX 12. And when I ignore it and I try to boot into a virtual machine, it boots slow and the performance is really slow. The sound is choppy and laggy as well. I tried downgrading to an older version of VMware. I tried 1.16.0 and below the latest version. 

I'm getting sick of this.

Any solutions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

What you should look at is the Feature Levels in the Display tab of dxdiag. If the Feature Level does not have 11_1 that is probably why. Assuming right now you are using a discrete GPU, the problem could be because the GPU is does not support the 11_1/11_0 feature.

From the looks of it, the UHD 610 in the Celeron G5905 supports the 12_1 feature.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/uhd-graphics-610.c3313

You could remove the discrete GPU and use the UHD 610 directly.

Alternatively, if you want to keep the discrete GPU with a monitor attached, you can enable the UHD 610 in the motherboard BIOS (there is no need to attach a display to the motherboard for the integrated graphics) but you add the following line in the vmx configuration file.

mks.dx11.vendorID = "0x8086"

That line should make use of the Intel UHD 610 instead of the discrete GPU.

0 Kudos