VMware Communities
LT72884
Contributor
Contributor

30 days are up

Ello all, quick question. My 30 days are up with vmware workstation. After that, can i still use the GUI of workstation to change config settings and use workstation for basic things? how can i still use my vm's i created in workstation and the keep the network,display and other system settings?

thanks guys

Matt

0 Kudos
4 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

After 30 days VMs will no longer start if you launch them via vmware.exe - however they will still work in vmplayer.exe which comes with Workstation.

0 Kudos
LT72884
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply. let me ask you these next two questions. Before i had workstaion, i had player. I then installed workstation without un-installing player. When i open player, will it use my settings from my old vmplayer or from the workstation? If i need to edit settings, do i edit them in the workstation GUI? IE network settings in the virtual network settings of vmworkstation?

thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

> I then installed workstation without un-installing player.

That is not possible !!!
A Workstation install will always uninstall VMplayer as it is basically the same app - so it can not coexist.

Old VMplayer settings will survive - depending on your choice during uninstall

0 Kudos
LT72884
Contributor
Contributor

ah, so the workstation un-installed it for me automatically. thats perfect. ok cool. i liked workstation but i only used to for very basic needs. player will work for what i need except the network settings in workstaion are easier to set then they are in vmplayer. in vmplayer i cant create networks the way i would like to. haha

0 Kudos