VMware Communities
dung0227
Contributor
Contributor

30 Seconds Delay to Start VMware WS6.5 from Guest OS???

I am not sure why but it takes about 30 seconds to start VMware with Linux Guest OS. I had a batch file that was placed in the (XP Prof) Host Window's start up folder. When Windows is up, it launches the batch file automatically fine but with a delay of 30 seconds. A batch file with the command " vmrun start %vmxCg0% gui" where %vmxCG0% is the vmx file.

There is only issue is the vmware start up with a delay.

Is it normal? The virtual machine can not start right away? Is it a way to start the guest VMware WS as soon as possible right after the HOST OS starts up?

Always thanks!

Dung0227

0 Kudos
3 Replies
prakashraj
Expert
Expert

Hi,

After host OS (windows XP) bootup it will take some time to start up the necessary services for VMware workstation to function

Also depends on hardware & memory configuration of host and resource alloted to VM

Prakash

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
dung0227
Contributor
Contributor

I hope I can make the VMWare start up sooner. I have other application can start right away but VMware is about 20 seconds delay. Is ther a way to initialize VMware so that it can start up sooner?

0 Kudos
prakashraj
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Disbale any unwanted program services from startup

Prakash

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos