VMware Communities
MatiOk
Contributor
Contributor

2 independent internet connections

Hello.

I have got 2 virtual machines (both Windows XP) on VMware Wokstation 7. On both machines I want to use programs to capture packets (using WinPcap driver). How should I configure the network to capture packets from this only machine? When both machines are in NAT, packets captured on each machine are the same as the other one. The same situation is when connection is bridged. The exception is when one machine uses NAT and the other one uses bridged connection - than first one captures only his own packets and the second machine captures packets from both machines.

Could anyone help me solve that problem? It is important for me.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MatiOk
Contributor
Contributor

Noone can help me? I just want to have an internet acces on both virtual machines, but in the way that both of them can not communicate each other (that there is no way to sniff packets from other virtual machine).

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

vmnets work like Hubs. The documentation says the are like switches but that is wrong.

To have two VMs access the internet completely independant you need two internet-connections. Maybe the one you use now plus a second connection via a USB-adapter directly connected to one of the VMs.

VMX-parameters- VMware-liveCD - VM-Sickbay