VMware Communities
simonwie
Contributor
Contributor

workstation player 16 with two monitors, resolution problem

Dear all,

I use an ubuntu64 guest system an my windows10 host system with two monitors. If I use only the smaller monitor everything works fine, but entering the full screen mode and drag&drop windows, shells,... to my bigger monitor results in resolution/scaling problems:

-Using the standard DPI settings under Compatibility gives me the same text size as on the smaller monitor which makes it due to the size of the larger monitor unreadable.

-Overriding the DPI settings to "scaling performed by system" leads to correct scaling, but my mouse cursor is no more aligned whith the displayed position. Further when moving the cursor the num-button goes on and off,... without pressing the button by myself. So it is not possible to work with that neither.

I guess the last setting is the right for me, however the described issues come up with it.

Since in the newer player versions the vm-tools are no longer supported on ubuntu, I installed open vm-tools and also open vm-tools-desktop; I can post some screenshots of the current versions if necessary.

Any inputs to find a solution for that would be greatly appreciated.

Best

Simon

0 Kudos
0 Replies