VMware Communities
PeterK1
Contributor
Contributor

workstation player 15 toolbar

Hello, On starting VMware Player my toolbar only shows 'player' 'green triangle' 'icon for send' 'icon for full screen' and 'icon for unity'. Where are the others - "edit", "view" "vm" "tabs" etc? R clicking and expanding the screen does nothing.

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

AFAIK tabs are only available in VMware Workstation Pro.
The available icons, and options in the right pane depend on what's selected in the inventory (left pane).

André

0 Kudos
PeterK1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. maybe I misunderstood but selecting "home" or one of my vms eg "win7" does not change my toolbar - I still do not have "file" etc as shown in the attached new screenshot - my vmware only has "Player" before the green triangle, the attached screenshot has "file""edit""view" etc before the green triangle. How can I get my vmware to show these other items not just "player"?

Thank you

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I don't think that there's a way to modify the toolbar. In order to access the VM's settings, you can use the links in the VM's pane, or right-click the VM's tab.

André

0 Kudos
PeterK1
Contributor
Contributor

OK but why can I not access the usual items like edit and export? They are just not available anywhere, no matter what I click. Do I have a reduced functionality version of workstation player 15 and if so why and how can I get a version that allows export of eg ova or ovf files? Can I update or do I need a full reinstall and if so what happens to my existing vms? I do not have this issue with Oracle Virtualbox - ova export is simple and efficient.

0 Kudos
PeterK1
Contributor
Contributor

ok so there is no answer to this?

should I just migrate to oracle box??

0 Kudos