VMware Communities
nasosan
Contributor
Contributor

windows 10 1809 iso vmware player 15

hi, i have try to install into new vm a iso of windows 10 64bit 1809 (i have try already the 32-64bit iso file) but when i start the vm the error are that the iso are not valid.. the error are present already into the configuration when i create the vm..

but the iso are valid.. i have download it 2 3 time.. whit the original microsoft tools.. and the crc are ok.. if i try to install from windows 10 1803 from iso cd for update it, it works!! but i want to install into new vm whit olnly 1809 iso..

the vm start in dos mode, and tell my that the bios are blocking the installation.. and tell me to select a different bios mode.. (i have try all, but always whit no result...)

the iso 1803 work..

the iso 1809 not..

in vm whit windows 1803 if i try to update it from iso 1809 it work, if i try to install directly from iso not.......

help me..

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please post the exact error message (a screenshot may help), and attach the VM's configuration (.vmx) as well as its vmware.log file to a reply post.

Are you trying to install the guest using the "Easy Install" wizard, or did you create the VM, and boot it directly from the ISO image (which I would recommend)?

André

0 Kudos