VMware Communities
Sriman
Contributor
Contributor

vmwear player bridge networking not working

I have installed vmwear player on a windows 7 (32 bit) machine and by using the NAT I can connect to the internet. But when I change the network setting to bridge, internet is not working. please advice

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Does your host have more than one NIC?

If so, you need to disable automatic bridging, and specify which NIC to bridge to.

You need to extract the Virtual Network Editor from the Player installation, as it isn't installed by Player by default.

0 Kudos
Sriman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried to extract the exe file and it is giving a data error and stopping the extraction, so I downloaded another exe file and tried, still the same result. Do you know any other place where I can download this network editor. 

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

how did you try to extract the *.exe ?

VMware-player-4.0.1-528992.exe /e .vmplayertemp

then find network.cab and extract that with explorer for example

0 Kudos
pmanno
Contributor
Contributor

FYI: I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and I found that the exe will not extract.  I kept getting an error that the file could not be opened.  Ended up booting up an old XP machine, doing the extract (which worked without issue), copied the files back down to the Win 7 machine, copied the vmnetcfg.exe to the VMWare Player install directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Player), ran the vmnetcfg.exe from the command line and bingo! the tool came up.  Changed the bridged network adapter to be the physical ethernet adapter, resumed the vm and the network was up and running.

0 Kudos